Getting involved doesn’t have to be difficult. Here are 5 super easy ways to celebrate Earth Day:
1. Don’t drive: today leave the car at home and think about biking, walking or even carpooling.
2. Bring a bag: bringing a recyclable bag to the grocery store can make a big impact.
3. Go green: reduce, reuse and recycle, find out where at www.epa.gov/recycle.
4. Flip the switch: when you leave the room, be sure to flip the switch!
5. Buy a recyclable water bottle: every year the U.S. consumes 50 billion plastic water bottles.
Looking for ways to get involved near Ashford Belmar? Join Lakewood Heritage Center for their Earth Day celebration. The fun-filled day includes a beer garden, food trucks, live music and environmental friendly demonstrations all day. Check out a full list of events at www.lakewood.org/EarthDay/#Activities.